SIZE: 10” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Cupcakes on a plate can represent any number of fans for a personalized cake.
1. Mix light pink icing with a scant amount of Lucks Pink Premium Airbrush Color in a white icing base, then ice the cake.
2. Use pink icing and a #5 tip to pipe a bottom beaded border, and top scalloped border.
3. Make a small amount of blue fondant with a scant amount of Lucks Blue Liquid Airbrush Colors.
4. Fashion a plate out of the blue fondant as shown and place it on the cake.
5. Place the desired amount of the Happy Face Cupcake Dec-Ons® decorations on the fondant plate, propped up with icing.
6. Make a batch of red icing using Red Red Premium Gel Color.
7. Use a #8 tip and red icing to pipe red cherries around the side of the cake as shown.
8. Pipe stems on the cherries with a #2 tip and green icing made with Spring Green Premium Gel Color.
9. Place a leaf at the end of each cherry stem from the Leaves Dec-On® decorations.
10. Finish by writing an inscription with red icing and a #4 tip.
Decorating idea by Sandy McNicol