SIZE: 2 layers 6” and 2 layers 4” square
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
This playful cake is great for kids, teens, ‘tweens…and even their hippie parents!
1. A day ahead, make simple fondant flowers by mixing a small amount of fondant with Lucks Egg Shade Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10160), rolling it out, and cutting with your favorite medium-sized daisy cutter. Roll small balls for the stamens and attach with a dab of water. Let dry. Tip: for added depth, spray the centers of the flowers with Lucks Orange Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10164) and let dry.
2. Assemble and ice the cake.
3. Using a rainbow of colors, airbrush a swirled pattern around the entire cake. This cake shows Lucks Liquid Airbrush Colors in Orange, Yellow (Item #10167), Green (Item #10162), Blue (Item #10158), Pink (Item #10165) and Lavender (Item #10163).
4. Mix white icing with Pink Liquid Airbrush color, and with a #5 plain round tube (Item #11027), pipe a bottom border around both tiers.
5. Apply 6 pink butterflies from the Cute Butterfly Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #45149) to alternating sides of the cake, as shown.
6. Finish by arranging the fondant flowers on the top and the side of the cake.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz