Thanksgiving Place Card Cookie
Thanksgiving Place Card Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Prepare your favorite no-spread sugar cookie dough. Use a specialty cutter to cut shapes.
2. Mix batches of royal icing using Dusty Mermaid Green, Guava, and Navy Blue Premium Gel Colors. Dilute with small amounts of water until it reaches flood consistency. (Tip: Flood consistency has been reached when the icing settles after stirring for 15 seconds.)
3. When the cookies have cooled, use a #3 Piping Tip and flood consistency royal icings to ice the cookies. If needed, smooth the icing with a tooth pick or scribe tool before it dries. You may choose to apply Sweet Shapes® Autumn Leaves at this point, or apply them later with a dab of icing.
4. When the cookies have crusted – at least one hour – use royal icing in a #3 Piping Tip to pipe decorative border elements such as simple dots and fleur de lis onto each cookie, as shown.
5. Thicken icing with a bit of sifted powdered sugar to create a consistency that is suitable for piping, then use a #2 Piping Tip to pipe the names of your guests.
6. Let the cookies set over night, or at least 8-12 hours.
Decorating idea by Lori Cook