SIZE: Other (1/3 scraps or one layer ¼ sheet cut into thirds and stacked)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
Use your odd-size scraps—1/3 sheet leftovers are perfect—to create this three-layer rectangular design. With the addition of Silver Shimmer Airbrush Color accents and Tools Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations, Dad might not realize this one’s completely edible!
1. Mix red icing with Lucks Red Premium Airbrush Color in a white icing base, yellow icing with Egg Shade Premium Airbrush Color, blue icing with Blue Premium Airbrush Color and grey and black icings using Midnight Black Premium Gel Color.
2. Assemble the three layers of cake and ice the cake in red icing.
3. With black icing in a #3 Piping Tip, pipe a parting “lid” line along the upper half of the cake as shown.
4. With grey icing in a #5 Piping Tip, pipe clasps along the parting line, and two small square bases for the top handle.
5. Spray clasps and handle bases carefully with Lucks Silver Shimmer Airbrush Color.
6. With a #8 Piping Tip and black icing, pipe the handle.
7. With a #8 Piping Tip and red icing, pipe a bottom border.
8. With a #5 Piping Tip and blue icing, pipe the word "DAD” on the bottom half of the toolbox.
9. With a #3 Piping Tip and yellow icing, overpipe the word “DAD” and pipe “#1” directly above the word “DAD.”
10. Finish with Tool Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz