SIZE: Other (cupcakes)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
These cuddly critters will lighten up any celebration!
1. Bake your favorite chocolate cookie recipe using a round cutter. If your cupcakes have a dramatic dome on the top, level before continuing to the next step.
2. Melt chocolate candy melts according to manufacturer’s instructions and coat the sides of the cupcakes; with a skewer or paintbrush, rough in some “bark” texture before the chocolate sets up. Attach upside down to a cookie with a dab of icing.
3. Pipe a brown spiral on the tops of the cupcakes to look like tree rings; use chocolate or white icing mixed with Lucks Brown Airbrush Color (Item #10159).
4. Mix up some green icing using Lucks Green Airbrush Color (Item #10162); with a #8 plain round tube (Item #11031), pipe a few blades of grass around the base of the trunk as well as on the top.
5. Apply Woodland Animals Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #45812), resting them on the piped blades of grass.
6. Finish with Small Flower Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #43722).
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz