SIZE: 2-layer 6”, 3-layer 8” and 2-layer 10” round tiers
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
A modern cake for a modern clientele.
1. A day ahead, roll out fondant and apply several Flower Embellishments Edible Images® (Item #45807) with a light mist of water, being careful to avoid puddles. Tip: use a set of fluted round cutters to cut out seemingly intricate floral outlines.
2. Mix turquoise icing using two parts Lucks Sky Blue Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45276) to one part Lucks Neon Brite Green Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45293) in a white icing base.
3. Ice the cake with turquoise icing.
4. Apply Lime Green Shimmer Ribbons™ (Item #45559) to the bases of each tier.
5. With a #5 plain round tube (Item #12756) and turquoise icing, apply a beaded border to the base of each tier.
6. Attach floral fondant plaques, as shown, with dabs of turquoise icing.
7. Mix a medium green icing using Lucks Green Airbrush Color (Item #10162) in a white icing base; with a #8 plain round tube (Item #11031), pipe leaves and stems. Drag a fine paint brush through the center of each leaf, from base to tip for the finishing touch.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz