SIZE: 8” and 6” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
The Edible Image® decorations on this sweet cherub Christening cake allow you to ice the cake in either pink, blue, or yellow.
1. Ice the cake with icing tinted lightly with Lucks Blue Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10158). Make sure the surface of the top tier is level and smooth.
2. Roll out white fondant. Place the Christening Edible Image® on the moistened surface and cut around it with a pastry wheel (Item #45334).
3. Place the mounted image on the top tier of the cake. Pipe a beaded border around the image with blue icing and a # 5 tip (Item #11027).
4. Pipe a bottom border around both tiers using blue icing and a #6 tip.
5. Divide the 8” tier into 8 sections and pipe drop strings around the side with white icing and a #2 tip.
6. Pipe a white tassel in between each drop string with white icing and a #4B tip.
7. Divide the 6” tier into 4 sections and pipe a design of small tear drops as shown.
8. Finish the cake by placing two Small Paired White Cherubs Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #14091) facing each other, at four points around the top tier as shown.
Decorating idea by Sandy McNicol