SIZE: Other (cookies on ¼ sheet)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
1. Cut patterns for collar, tie and pocket cookies (available online). TIP: Save your Edible Image® and Designer Prints™ backing sheets; they are strong, coated and work wonderfully for cutting your own stencils and templates.
2. Use a paring knife or an X-Acto type knife to cut cookies using your favorite no-spread cookie recipe.
3. Bake cookies and let cool.
4. Ice and enrobe the cake with white fondant.
5. When the cookies are cool, thinly roll out more fondant, and attach enough of each Designer Prints™ strip to accommodate the tie and kerchief portions using clear, potable alcohol in an airbrush, or a small amount of water with a food-grade brush.
6. Using the cookie patterns as your guide, cut dressed fondant tie and kerchief pieces using an X-Acto type knive and/or a cook’s knife.
7. Using the cookie patterns as your guide, cut white fondant pieces to cover the full collar shape, the collar points, and the full pocket shape.
8. Attach white fondant pieces to cookies using a bit of icing or piping gel.
9. Attach dressed fondant pieces to cookies using a bit of icing or piping gel.
10. Mix a small portion of blue icing, and use a #4 tip to pipe an inscription.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz