SIZE: 1/8 sheet (bar cake)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Create your own chocolate plaque décor simply and stylishly.
1. Assemble and ice the cake with fudge or ganache.
2. Melt chocolate or candy coating using your preferred method.
3. Working on a clean surface covered with parchment paper, lay one Valentine’s Kisses Transfer Sheet smooth side down.
4. Use an offset spatula to apply a thin coat of chocolate to the transfer sheet. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, depending on the relative humidity and temperature of your work space.
5. Use a sharp knife to cut square plaques.
6. Peel away the acetate backing from the plaques and arrange around the sides of the cake, as shown. TIP: Wear plastic gloves in order to prevent finger prints and protect chocolate from the warmth of your hands.
7. Mix red icing using Lucks Super Red Liqua-Gel Color and pipe hearts with a #5 round tip on the top of the cake, as shown.
8. Use fudge icing in a #10 round tip to pipe a beaded bottom border.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz