SIZE: 6” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
A whale of a cute cake!
1. Assemble and ice the cake.
2. Mix two batches of icing: light blue using a scant amount of Lucks Royal Blue Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45277), and navy blue using a 3:1 ratio of Royal Blue to Violet (Item #45278).
3. Airbrush the top of the cake blue, using Lucks Blue Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10158).
4. Apply a whale from Nautical Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #47116) to the top of the cake, as shown.
5. Use white icing in a #5 round tip (Item #11027) to create the whale plume and a few white caps. Continue to pipe a beaded bottom border.
6. Use light blue icing in a #5 round tip to pipe stylized clouds.
7. Use light blue icing in a #104 petal tip (Item #11046) to pipe bottom trim.
8. Use navy blue in a #5 round tip to pipe stylized waves.
9. Use navy blue in a #104 petal tip to pipe a secondary, overlapping bottom trim.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz