Merry Woodland Yule Log
SIZE: Other (log cake)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Bake, roll and/or shape your log cake, leaving aside a portion to be used as the top branch.
2. Assemble the cake, and then ice the top and both ends of the roll in chocolate icing.
3. Ice the body of the cake in white, using a small spatula to smear dabs of chocolate icing into the white, to lend the appearance of birch bark.
4. Use fudge icing in a #5 tip to pipe tree rings on either end of the cake, as well as on the top branch, as shown.
5. Mix a small batch of lime green icing, and use it in a #5 tip to pipe a bunting line.
6. Use a cook’s knife to cut a 1.5” strip of blue Pastel Fondant, and use a zigzag cut pattern to separate the strip into several 1” wide triangles.
7. Attach triangles to bunting wire, using a dab of icing to adhere if necessary.
8. Apply Dec-Ons® decorations to bunting flags for a sweet finish!
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz