SIZE: 8” and 6” round
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
Layered Designer Prints™ Sheets flowers add just the right touch to this simple tiered cake!
1. A day ahead, prepare the flowers. First, estimate how much of each of the XOXO Designer Prints™ Sheets (Item #46415) you will need, based on the size of your cutters.
2. Roll out some fondant and apply enough of each of the three patterns of sheets to accommodate your flower cutters, then adhere the Designer Prints™ to the fondant using a light misting of water.
3. From the diamond pattern, cut two large flowers. From the plaid pattern, cut 5 smaller flowers, and from the hearts pattern, cut 5 rounds for the stamen.
4. Mix pale pink icing using a scant amount of Lucks Red Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10166) in a white icing base.
5. Ice and assemble the cake.
6. With a #5 plain round tube (Item #11027) and pink icing, pipe multiple beaded borders, as shown, around the top edge of each tier. Repeat this border on the cake drum around the base of the cake.
7. Assemble each flower with royal icing, then attach to cake using buttercream. TIP: For additional support, insert toothpicks into the cake where you would like the flowers to set and allow an approximate ½ - ¼ inch reveal. When applying the flowers, anchor the flowers by pressing them into the revealed toothpick tips.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz