SIZE: 10” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
This darling cake will be a scrumptious treat for your darling!
1. Mix or have on hand red icing (buttercream or non-dairy tinted with Lucks Super Red Liqua-Gel Color), or pre-colored whipped topping.
2. Take the cake from the freezer and let rest for just a few minutes, to allow the ice crystal to soften. Use this time to fill your pastry bags:
--one with red and a #5 plain round tube
--one with white and a #22 star tube
3. Apply the hearts-in-dots print from the XOXO Variety Designer Prints™ decorations to the sides of the cake, leaving a 1/3” gap between each strip. Three strips will fit evenly around a 10” cake. TIP: If the cake is still coated in frozen ice crystal, the strips may not adhere—a slight condensation build-up is ideal.
4. Pipe top and bottom shell borders using white icing in the #22 tip, and then pipe a few shells where the gaps exists between Designer Prints™ strips.
5. Use some pink hearts from the Valentine Teardrop Hearts Dec-Ons® decorations to form one flower and one bud, as shown.
6. Pipe stems, leaves and stamen for the flowers with red icing in a #5 tip.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz