Winter Zig Zag Stacked Cake
SIZE: 8” and 6” round tiers
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
1. Ice and assemble cake tiers.
2. Melt white chocolate or candy coating using your preferred method.
3. Determine the desired height of the chocolate wrap on the bottom tier, and cut the transfer sheet to that size, along the length of the sheet.
4. Lay the cut strip on a clean surface—a sheet of parchment works very well—textured side facing up. Pour chocolate in a thick line at the base of the strip and use a spatula to spread it around. Leave the spatula work evident along the edge of the strip that will become the top edge of the bottom tier.
5. Let the chocolate rest for between 3-5 minutes, and then pick up the transfer sheet and wrap it around the bottom tier, chocolate side in toward the cake. Allow the chocolate to firm up.
6. Peel away the acetate backing from the chocolate.
7. Arrange a variety of sizes and colors of DecoShapes® fondant on the top tier, as shown.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz
Transfer sheet artwork © Josephine Kimberling, LLC All rights reserved.