Zombie Attack Candy Apples
SIZE: Other (candy apples)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Wash and dry apples, then remove the stem. It’s a good idea to start a “pilot” hole for the apple stick before dipping the apples to ensure that it will enter easily and stand straight; this can be done with a large skewer or a chopstick. TIP: Leave the skewer in the apple for dipping.
2. Prepare a receiving pan or cookie sheet by lining with parchment or wax paper.
3. Cook sugar coating to the appropriate temperature, and add a few drops of food coloring.
4. Dip each apple in cooked sugar, rolling to cover, and set aside to firm up.
5. Carefully remove the skewer and replace with a designer straw, as shown.
6. Finish apples with Dec-Ons® decorations, adhering with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz