Shimmer Ribbons® Decorations
WHAT ARE THEY?
Shimmer Ribbons® decorations present the same stunning finish as satin ribbon, but are completely edible and do not need to be removed from the cake prior to eating. Available in a variety of colors, the durable formula allows for easy handling. They work well on all types of icing. including buttercream, chocolate, fondant, non-dairy whipped topping and cream cheese icing. Orthodox Union Kosher Certified.
- Gently remove the ribbon from the backing sheet and smooth over fresh icing to apply.
- Starting at the center of the ribbon and working outward, smooth out any air bubbles with fingers. Evenly align the edge of each new piece with the end of the last piece placed.
- Trim overlap with an X-Acto™ knife. For the cleanest finish, trim edges with a sharp blade while the ribbon is still on the backing sheet. This will also avoid waste.
- Be sure to select a ribbon that is darker than your icing, as the icing will slightly show through the ribbon once it has fully melded.
- Store your finished product as normally required for food safe handling. Shimmer Ribbons® decorations will not affect the shelf life of your finished product and are freezer, refrigerator and shelf-stable.
- Store Shimmer Ribbons® in their original silver resealable bag in a cool, dark place and make sure the bag is completely sealed when you are done. If you are located in arid or humid climates properly storing this product is important for optimum application.
- If you have purchased Shimmer Ribbons® from a vendor who has repackaged them in Ziploc bags, be aware these bags are not airtight. Try double-bagging them to prevent them from drying out. Lucks cannot guarantee quality of repacked Shimmer Ribbons®.
- Here at Lucks, we store our Shimmer Ribbons® designs in a plastic filing box with a lid to keep air out. If your storage area is humid, try using a food-grade desiccant packet inside the box.